Silvus MN-MIMO ENG helicopters and airships equipped with multiple cameras (main gimbal, talent, tail camera) can now transmit all video feeds over the same frequency channel, to the same site simultaneously, eliminating the need for video switching in the aircraft. Additionally, return video, IFB, and FTP are all supported over the same MN-MIMO RF network.
ENG helicopters and airships can also be equipped with hybrid-switchable Silvus MN-MIMO / COFDM systems to ensure backward compatibility with existing COFDM Rx sites that have not yet been transitioned over to MN-MIMO operation.
Features / Benefits:
- Non-Line-of-Sight coverage
- Coverage area can be extended as needed by use of repeater radios
- Operation in both licensed (BAS) and unlicensed frequency bands
- Aircraft / UAV can simultaneously act as a relay for a wireless camera, or MN-MIMO augmented backpack
- Multiple aircraft / UAVs operational on the same frequency / mesh
- Bi-directional wideband connectivity to support remote control and monitoring, return video, IFB, tally, camera control / shading / painting and FTP
- Hybrid-switchable MN-MIMO / COFDM aircraft are backward compatible with existing COFDM Rx sites that have not yet been transitioned over to MN-MIMO operation
- Helicopters for traditional ENG operations and sports and event coverage
- Airships for sports and event coverage
- UAVs for Newsgathering and sports and event coverage